http://fishingthefraser.com/2014/02/14/happy-valentines-day/ NINETEENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
order generic Lyrica online PART 1:
- référence The Ringing of the Bell
- cliquez pour la source Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: “Chaconne in E minor” – Dietrich Buxtehude
- Call to Worship – Judy Hall and congregation
- Leader: If it had not been for God, who was on our side …
- People: We would have fallen prey to those who want to harm us.
- Leader: If it was not for God, who is still on our side …
- People: We would have been swept away by sadness and fear.
- Leader: Blessed be the lord, our protector.
- People: Our help is in the name of the Lord.
- ALL: LET US WORSHIP GOD TOGETHER!
- Hymn 260: “A Mighty Fortress is Our God” – EIN’ FESTE BURG
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- God of unity, we live in a world where our lives move from inclusivity to exclusivity. We too often move toward the latter, trying to oust from our circles those who do not think like us, or act like us, or look like us. Forgive our need to reject and to always be on the lookout for those things that make us different. Give us the eyes of our Teacher, who knows unconditional love and compassion and sees us all as one, for it is in his name we pray together. Now, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Judy Hall and congregation
- Leader: With God, there is no chasm that cannot be bridged, no loss that cannot be recovered, no mistake that cannot be forgiven, and no life that cannot be redeemed.
- People: By the grace of God in Christ Jesus, our sins are forgiven and the ability to begin again is ours.
- ALL: GLORY BE TO GOD WHO MAKES ALL THINGS NEW!
- Response 322: “Spirit of the Living God” – LIVING GOD
- Passing of the Peace
- Musical Offering – The Men’s Quartet: “I Sing the Mighty Power of God” – arranged by James Bates
- James Bates, Richard Ray, Matt Killion, and Bob Borders
- Scripture: Mark 9:42-50
- Sermon: TWO HANDS, TWO FEET, AND TWO EYES – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Hymn 335: “Though I May Speak” – O WALY WALY
- Affirmation of Faith – from THE IONA COMMUNITY
- We believe that God hopes and works for a world where all shall be included in the feast of life and that in Christ we see how costly it is to bring that world about.
- We believe that God of all the earth is at work beyond the churches as well as within them, working for justice so that all may have a say in what happens to them.
- We long for the time when all who hunger and thirst for justice shall be satisfied and we believe that despite the persistence of evil, now is always the time when more good can be done and we can make a difference. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Call to Offering and Offering
- Offertory: “Hymn of Promise” – arranged by John Ferguson
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- One and Eternal God of time and space, we respond to you with joy as we lift up our tithes and offerings. The opportunity to share is a blessing for which we are very thankful. Your generous provision for our needs prompts us to be generous in return. Accomplish your purposes, we pray, through these gifts and in our lives. Amen.
- Hymn 436: “We Are Your People” – WHITFIELD
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Reprise: A Mighty Fortress is Our God” – Johann Pachelbel