purchase provigil from canada THIRTEENTH SUNDAY OF PENTECOST
- rencontre femme séparée The Ringing of the Bell
- regarde ce que j'ai trouvé Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: “On Jordan’s Stormy Banks” – L. Leatherman
- Call to Worship – Sis Sleadd and congregation
- Leader: What does this worship service need?
- People: Quiet where faith can grow, songs that blossom hope, scripture that remembers love, honest words to untangle our knotty existence, and gifts offering service to the heart.
- Leader: Who may worship in this service?
- People: All who have prayer in the center of their lives and all who are lonely for the touch of God.
- ALL: THEN LET US WORSHIP TOGETHER
- Hymn 422: “God, Whose Giving Knows No Ending” – BEACH SPRING
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
Loving God, our teacher and our friend, we have not listened for your word amid the clamors of our world again this week. We have been more pleased to repeat familiar tunes than to listen for new melodies and strange harmonies. We try harder to defend what we think we know than to reach for that which is beyond our grasp. Slow to trust, afraid of the unknown, we are cautious to hear and do your will. We pray for ears to hear the cries of our neighbors and for hearts which resonate with your Spirit. Silence us and instruct us until we learn afresh to sing the songs of faith, hope and love. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Sis Sleadd and congregation
- Leader: God loves us and frees us from all that we do to turn away from the transformative power of belief.
- People: God hears our cries and questions, and promises to remain in covenant with us.
- Leader: In the name of the Risen One, who came, who comes, and who is to come again, the heavy weight of our doubt is lifted.
- People: We are forgiven and may begin again to love as Christ loves.
- ALL: ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response 579: “Glory Be to the Father” – GLORIA PATRI
- Time for Young Disciples – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Anthem: “‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus” – Casting Crowns – Annie Weible, Soloist
- Scripture: Genesis 7:11, 17-24
- Sermon: IS THERE A GOD FOR THIS? – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the audio to play on your own device: 090317 sermon jw
- Hymn 272: “God of the Sparrow” – ROEDER
- Affirmation of Faith: “The Apostles’ Creed” – Sis Sleadd and congregation
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: Jazz Variation on “I Want Jesus to Walk with Me” – Mark Hayes
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
One and Eternal God of time and space, we respond to you with joy as we lift up our tithes and offerings. The opportunity to share is a blessing for which we are very thankful. Your generous provision for our needs prompts us to be generous in return. Accomplish your purposes, we pray, through these gifts and in our lives. Amen.
- SACRAMENT OF COMMUNION
- Communion Setting 1: “How Great Thou Art” – Dale Wood
- Communion Settign 2: “Deep River” – Joel Raney
- Hymn 229: “From All That Dwell Below the Skies” – LASST UNS ERFREUEN
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Grand Choeur in G” – T. Salome