neurontin 300 mg gabapentin SEVENTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
- Recommended Site The Ringing of the Bell
- http://apanda.org/522937-dts95257-mujeres-solteras-manos-en-aldover.html Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: “Nun bitten wir den Heiligen Geist” (We Ask Now for the Holy Spirit) – Dietrich Buxtehude
- Call to Worship – Richard Ray and congregation
- Leader: In autumn beauty, we prepare for the harvest.
- People: Harvest is a time of rejoicing in God’s natural bounty and the gathering in of our lives.
- Leader: Seasons turn, but God’s love is changeless.
- People: We praise God for all we have received.
- ALL: MAY THE RESTLESS WINDS OF THE SPIRIT RUSH THROUGH OUR LIVES AS WE WORSHIP GOD TOGETHER!
- Hymn 276: “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” – FAITHFULNESS
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Gracious God, as difficult as it is, we confess that our hearts are too often closed tight against your love and mercy. We hold on to love for ourselves, resentment against those for whom we care, anger at our helplessness, and complicity in the structures of our society. We have protected ourselves emotionally, socially, and spiritually; and our selfishness has nourished the pain of the world rather than its hope. Open, loosen, and unbind us. Enable our frozen hearts to love all, our clenched hands to help all, and our stifled spirits to breathe and pray. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Richard Ray and congregation
- Leader: With God, there is no chasm that cannot be bridged, no loss that cannot be recovered, no mistake that cannot be forgiven, and no life that cannot be redeemed.
- People: By the grace of God in Christ Jesus, our sins are forgiven and the ability to begin again is ours.
- ALL: GLORY BE TO GOD WHO MAKES ALL THINGS NEW!
- Response 322: “Spirit of the Living God” – LIVING GOD
- Passing of the Peace
- Anthem: “Bright Morning Stars” – arranged by Jay Althouse
- Scripture: Mark 8:27-38
- Sermon: DIVINE THINGS – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Hymn 302: “I Danced in the Morning” – SIMPLE GIFTS
- Affirmation of Faith – from THE IONA COMMUNITY
- We believe that God hopes and works for a world where all shall be included in the feast of life and that in Christ we see how costly it is to bring that world about.
- We believe that God of all the earth is at work beyond the churches as well as within them, working for justice so that all may have a say in what happens to them.
- We long for the time when all who hunger and thirst for justice shall be satisfied and we believe that despite the persistence of evil, now is always the time when more good can be done and we can make a difference. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Call to Offering and Offering
- Offertory: “Be Still My Soul” – arranged by F.D. Ashdown
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- One and Eternal God of time and space, we respond to you with joy as we lift up our tithes and offerings. The opportunity to share is a blessing for which we are very thankful. Your generous provision for our needs prompts us to be generous in return. Accomplish your purposes, we pray, through these gifts and in our lives. Amen.
- Hymn 343: “Called as Partners in Christ’s Service” – BEECHER
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Praise the Lord, Rise Up Rejoicing” – arranged by W. Wold