look at this website TWENTY-FOURTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
go to this web-site ALL SAINTS’ SUNDAY
- mujeres solteras huesca The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: Intrada on “Sine Nomine” – arranged by C. Callahan
- Minutes for Mission: CDC Advisory Board and Christian Ed.
- Call to Worship – Myles Scott and congregation
- Leader: Our help is in the name of the Lord,
- People: Who made heaven and earth.
- Leader: In life and in death we belong to God.
- People: Baptized into Christ’s death, we live for Him.
- ALL: COME, LET US WORSHIP GOD!
- Hymn 465: Here, O Lord, Your Servants Gather – TOKYO
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Eternal God, in every age you have raised up men and women to live and die in faith. In these moments, we confess that we are too often indifferent to your will. You call us to proclaim your name, but we are silent. You call us to do what is just, but we remain idle. You call us to live faithfully, but we are afraid. In your mercy, forgive us. Give us courage to follow in your way, that joined with those from ages past, who have served you with faith, hope, and love, we may inherit the kingdom you promised in Jesus Christ. In his name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Myles Scott and congregation
- Leader: With God, there is no chasm that cannot be bridged, no loss that cannot be recovered, no mistake that cannot be forgiven, and no life that cannot be redeemed.
- People: By the grace of God in Christ Jesus, our sins are forgiven and the ability to begin again is ours.
- ALL: GLORY BE TO GOD WHO MAKES ALL THINGS NEW!
- Response 322: Spirit of the Living God – LIVING GOD
- Passing of the Peace
- Time for Young Disciples – Rev. Joel Weible
- Anthem: “Rain Down” – John Carter
- The Chancel Choir
- Scripture: Hebrews 12:1-2
- Sermon: ABUNDANT RAIN: Saints – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Hymn 526: For All the Saints – SINE NOMINE
- (After first stanza, come forward to place names on All Saints’ Board.)
- Affirmation of Faith for Stewardship Season
- We believe in God, Creator of the Universe, Giver of every good gift, Author of Life itself.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, who reminded us that God’s Kingdom is already among us and commanded us to care for those in need. And who taught us not to store up treasures on earth, but to empty ourselves in self-giving love.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who inspires us to the faithful stewardship of God’s gifts and in whom we live and move and have our being.
- We believe that stewardship is an act of worship and a means of praising God who has blessed us so abundantly. God has great things in store for us, for it is in giving that we receive. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Call to Offering and Offering
- Offertory: I Sing a Song of the Saints of God – arranged by Lani Smith
- Doxology 592: Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- Loving God, we dedicate this morning’s offering in prayer – our commitments to the present. These coins and paper are our work, expressing in a clear and visible way our love and thanks. But we also offer the fragile dreams and hopes that we have for this church and its future. Receive all, we pray, for it is offered in love. Amen
- SACRAMENT OF COMMUNION
- Communion Setting #1: “How Great Thou Art” – arranged by Dale Wood
- Communion Setting #2: “Amazing Grace” – arranged by Dale Wood
- Hymn 451: Ye Watchers and Ye Holy Ones – LASST UNS ERFREUEN
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: When the Saints Go Marching In – arranged by G. Gilpin