neurontin 400 mg overdose THIRD SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
Just before the service, our youth group and leaders leave for Montreat
use this link PART 1:
- appli de rencontre pour ado The Ringing of the Bell
- conocer personas santa maria d'oló Words of Welcome – Ashia Stoess, Director of Youth Ministries
- Prelude: The Handbell Choir – “Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God” – arranged by M.L. Thompson
- Call to Worship – Kathy Bott
- Leader: We have been given the power to become new people!
- People: We have been given a love for God and for one another.
- Leader: We are gathered in faithfulness, ready for the surprises that God’s Spirit brings.
- People: May holy surprises fill our days!
- ALL: LET US WORSHIP GOD TOGETHER …
- Hymn 469: “Morning Has Broken” – BUNESSAN
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Everloving, everliving God, you have given us life itself and have asked us to be life-giving people in your name. But we, in turn, have cared more about ourselves and the comfort that we have than about your people in every place. There are people in our very presence who are left out of our thoughts and prayers, because our minds and hearts are too crowded with all the things that will make us feel self-satisfied. The world aches for peace; and people on our streets go hungry because we are more concerned with power and too busy to feed them. Give us the purpose you gave to Jesus; to be faithful to your call every moment of our lives. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayer of return …
- Assurance of Pardon
- Leader: There is no greater joy in the heart of God than the moment that a son or daughter opens to the gift of forgiveness.
- People: God’s Spirit reaches out to assure us of welcome in Christ.
- Leader: In the name of Jesus Christ we are God’s by grace, forgiven and redeemed.
- People: With great joy we are made alive. Alleluia!
- ALL: AMEN.
- Response 322: “Spirit of the Living God” – LIVING GOD
- Passing of the Peace
The Handbell Choir: Richard Ray, Stephanie Willis, Julia Hood, Lynn Wilkinson, Margaret Hill, Lynne Anderson, and Jenny Williams
- Anthem: The Handbell Choir- “Here I Am, Lord” – arranged by M.L. Thompson
- Scripture: 1 Kings 19
- Sermon: A SEASON OF RETREAT – Ashia Stoess
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 061018 sermon ah
- Hymn 391: “Take My Life” – HENDON
- Affirmation of Faith – from THE IONA COMMUNITY
- We believe that God hopes and works for a world where all shall be included in the feast of life and that in Christ we see how costly it is to bring that world about.
- We believe that God of all the earth is at work beyond the churches as well as within them, working for justice, so that all may have a say in what happens to them.
- We long for the time when all who hunger and thirst for justice shall be satisfied and we believe that despite the persistence of evil, now is always the time when more good can be done and we can make a difference. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Ashia Stoess
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Call to Offering and Offering
- Offertory: “Lord, I Want to Be a Christian” – arranged by Charles Callahan
- Doxology 592: “Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- O God, we celebrate your Spirit so freely given and so powerfully active within our church. As that Spirit moves in our midst, may it inspire us toward generosity and fire us with energy to serve you well. Receive our humble gifts in the name of Christ, whose presence is certain when the Spirit is with us. Amen.
- Hymn 420: “God of Grace and God of Glory” – CWM RHONDDA
- Charge and Benediction – Ashia Stoess
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Jubilation” – J. Payne