THIRD SUNDAY AFTER EPIPHANY
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: In Joyful Praise – A.L. Lyon
- Call to Worship – Lucas McCarson and congregation
- Leader: We have seen the light.
- People: We have heard the call.
- Leader: We will dance in the Light.
- People: We will heed the call.
- ALL: TO OUR GOD. LET US SING!
- Hymn 464: Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee – HYMN TO JOY
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Gracious God, it is a privilege to be in this place with you and those we love, but it is just such a privilege that breeds arrogance rather than humility. We confess that too often we wear our church attendance like a badge of honor and our faith like a cloak of righteousness, standing in judgment of others who barely darken the church door or who find meaning in life elsewhere. Forgive us. Teach us the lessons of love and remind us that, for all our knowledge about the ways of faith, the most important thing is that we are loved by you. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Lucas McCarson and congregation
- Leader: Friends, speak the good news of our salvation.
- People: God freely bestows grace on us through Jesus Christ.
- Leader: In Christ we receive redemption and forgiveness.
- People: We are reconciled to God and one another.
- ALL: GLORY BE TO GOD. ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response 411: Arise, Your Light Is Come! – FESTAL SONG
- Passing of the Peace
- Time for Young Disciples – Jill MacNiven
- Anthem: Chancel Choir – Create in Me a Clean Heart, O God – C.F. Mueller
- Scripture: Isaiah 63:7-9
- Sermon: YOU ARE MY PEOPLE – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own device: 012719 SERMON jw
- Hymn 412: Eternal God, Whose Power Upholds – FOREST GREEN
- Affirmation of Faith (unison) – from the IONA COMMUNITY
- With the whole church … We affirm that we are made in God’s image, befriended by Christ, and empowered by the Spirit.
- With people everywhere … We affirm God’s goodness at the heart of humanity, planted more deeply than all that is wrong.
- With all creation … We affirm and celebrate the miracle and wonder of life and the unfolding purposes of God, forever at work in ourselves and the world. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: Day by Day – J.B. Carlson
- Doxology 592: Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- We thank you, God of love, for the promise that is ours to keep because of Jesus of Nazareth. We are grateful for the generosity aroused in us by Christ’s coming into the world. May these gifts represent a new spirit of joyous sharing among us, for the sake of all your children everywhere. Amen.
- Hymn 466: O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing – AZMON
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: Trumpet Tune in D – D.N. Johnson