http://lookielooloo.com/testimonials SEVENTH SUNDAY AFTER EPIPHANY
read the article PART 1:
- https://immo2000gestion.com/6484-dtf69148-meetic-ou-adopte.html The Ringing of the Bell
- https://www.optireal-corporate.fr/23825-dtf83127-rencontre-mature-paris.html Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: Praeludium in G (BuxWV 147) – Dietrich Buxtehude
- Call to Worship – Gabe Weible
- Leader: Let us take delight in the Lord, who satisfies the desires of our heart.
- People: Let us commit our way to the Lord and trust in God’s actions.
- Leader: Let us be still before the Lord and wait patiently for God.
- People: For the Lord is our salvation and our refuge in times of trouble.
- ALL: THERFORE, LET US WORSHIP THE LORD.
- Hymn 482: Praise Ye the Lord, the Almighty – LOBE DEN HERREN
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Trusting in God’s kindness and love, we pray together: Merciful God, we confess that we have not followed your ways or trusted your promises. We love only those who love us; show kindness only to those who are kind to us; we give only when we expect to receive. Forgive us, Lord. Fill our hearts with selfless love. Change our lives by your matchless grace. These things we pray in Christ’s name. Hear now our silent prayers of return … (A Time of Silence for Personal Confession)
- Assurance of Pardon – Gabe Weible
- Leader: Everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds.
- People: We ask for forgiveness and we seek a new life.
- Leader: Then our sins are forgiven and our lives are made new in Christ our Lord.
- ALL: THANKS BE TO GOD. ALLELUIA! AMEN!!
- Response 322: Spirit of the Living God – LIVING GOD
- Passing of the Peace
- Time for Young Disciples – Katie Weible
- Anthem: The Men’s Quartet with Shirley Hawkes accompanist– His Grace Will Lead Us Through – arr. Mary McDonald
- Scripture: Galatians 3:23-28
- Sermon: EQUALITY AS JUSTICE – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own device: 022419 sermon jw
- Hymn 394: There is a Balm in Gilead – BALM IN GILEAD
- Confession of Faith (unison) -from THE CONFESSION OF 1967
- God’s redeeming work in Jesus Christ embraces the whole of human life: social and cultural, economic and political, scientific and technological, individual and corporate.
- The kingdom of God represents God’s triumph over all that resists the will and disrupts the creation of God. Already God’s reign is present in the world, stirring hope in all people and preparing the world to receive its ultimate judgement and redemption.
- With an urgency born of hope the church applies itself to present tasks and strives for a better world. We do not identify limited progress with the kingdom of God on earth, nor do we despair in the face of disappointment and defeat.
- In steadfast love, we look beyond all partial achievement to the final triumph of God.
- “Now to him who by the power within us is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.” Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing – arr. John Longhurst
- Doxology 592: Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- Generous God, you are our portion and our cup. In you our hearts are glad, our souls rejoice, and our bodies rest. Bless and multiply our offerings this morning that they may bring the joy of your presence more deeply into the world. Amen.
- 2019 Annual Meeting
- Hymn 361: How Firm a Foundation – FOUNDATION
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: Toccata in B minor – Eugene Gigout