have a peek here FOURTH SUNDAY OF ADVENT
http://inspectra.org/my-profile/ PART 1:
- you can check here A TIME OF SILENT REFLECTION
- expat dating de tuéjar THE RINGING OF THE BELL
- INTROIT (ALL): “The Lord is in His Holy Temple”
- LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLE – Lamont Coverstone and Tom Guilford
- Today we light the fourth Advent candle, the angels’ candle. This candle is offered in honor of the angels who told the good news of the shepherds, “Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace and goodwill toward all.”
- The angels sang with joy so that all who could hear were filled with joy. In honor of all the angels who continue to proclaim the good news of joy, we light this candle. Let us pray together …
- Dear God, you surround us with your angel of love so that we are able to live a life filled with joy. Thank you for these angels, and help us to become angels of love for others. Amen.
- OPENING HYMN #12: “People, Look East” – BESANCON
- CALL TO CONFESSION (unison)
- Now is the time to wake from sleep.
- Salvation is near. Let us pray together for what is coming:
- Come, Christ Jesus, be our guest, and may our lives by you be blest. Come God-with-us, and free us from the false claims of the empires of this world. We are lonely for you and your peace. Come, Emmanuel, and dwell with us, make us your people indeed, the people through whom you bring love and justice to the world. Come, Christ, and reign; claim your rightful place in our hearts and in the midst of our community. Plant the seeds of hope within us that we, too, may establish the Kingdom of God among us. Hear our silent prayers of return …
- ASSURANCE OF PARDON – Ashia Stoess (Student Minister) and congregation
- Every valley is lifted up; every mountain, made low.
- Now the glory of the Lord is revealed, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
- In the name of Jesus Christ, we are remembered and have returned!
- Thanks be to God.
- CONGREGATIONAL RESPONSE, HYMN #1: “Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus” – STUTTGART
- PASSING OF THE PEACE
- The peace of Christ be with you.
- And also with you.
- TIME WITH THE YOUNGER DISCIPLES – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- MUSICAL OFFERING – The Chancel Choir: “Behold a Star from Jacob Shining” – F. Mendelssohn
- SCRIPTURE LESSON: Luke 2:8-11
- The Word of the Lord.
- Thanks be to God.
- SERMON: JESUS: MESSIAH – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 122417 SERMON jw
- PROCLAMATION HYMN #50: “Rise Up, Shepherd, and Follow” – AFRICAN AMERICAN SPIRITUAL
- AFFIRMATION OF FAITH (FROM A BRIEF STATEMENT OF FAITH) – Ashia Stoess and congregation
- In a broken and fearful world, God’s Spirit gives us courage to pray without ceasing, to witness among all peoples to Christ as Lord and Savior, to unmask idolatries in church and culture, to hear the voices of peoples long silenced, and to work with others for justice, freedom and peace.
- In gratitude to God and empowered by the Spirit, we strive to serve Christ in our daily tasks and to live holy and faithful lives, even as we watch for God’s new heaven and earth, saying: “Come Lord Jesus!”
- TIME OF GIVING THANKS – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE AND THE LORD’S PRAYER
- OFFERTORY: “Infant Holy, Infant Lowly” – arranged by James Southbridge
- DOXOLOGY #592: “Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow”
- PRAYER OF DEDICATION (unison)
- We give you thanks and praise, O God, that you have built us up in faith and bound us together in love. By your grace, may all that we do show the glory of your name and serve the good of your people, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
- CLOSING HYMN #20: “Watchman, Tell Us of the Night” – ABERYSTWYTH
- CHARGE AND BENEDICTION – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- BENEDICTION RESPONSE – The Chancel Choir: “The Hallelujah Chorus” – G.F. Handel
- THE RINGING OF THE BELL