http://thesuigenerisfoundationberkeley.org/wp-json/wp/v2/users/9 THIRD SUNDAY IN ADVENT
buy Lyrica tablets uk PART 1:
- click to investigate A TIME OF SILENT REFLECTION
- citas con chicas laracha THE RINGING OF THE BELL
- INTROIT (ALL): “The Lord is in His Holy Temple”
- LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLE – Paul and Paul “Chip” Culbertson
- Today we light the third Advent candle, the Shepherd’s candle. This candle is offered in honor of the shepherds whose love and care for their sheep become the example of God’s love for us.
- We remember that the shepherds were the first witness of our Savior’s birth. In honor of all good shepherds, we light this candle.
- Dear God, our Good Shepherd, empower our lives to be filled with love, that in loving others we might bear witness to your love for us. We give you thanks for shepherds, especially Jesus. Amen.
- OPENING HYMN #10: “On Jordan’s Bank the Baptist’s Cry” – WINCHESTER NEW
- CALL TO CONFESSION – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Now is the time to wake from sleep.
- Salvation is near. Let us confess our sins:
- Shepherd of Israel, God of hosts, we have turned away from you, neglecting the welfare of your creation, ignoring the plights of your people, and taking from the Earth what we cannot give back. We have not helped our neighbors in need, kept peace within our families, or tended the vine you have planted in our own lives. Forgive us and lead us to a more gracious life. In your compassion, turn us to your way. Restore us, O Lord, God of hosts; let your face shine upon us, and we shall be saved. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayers of return … (a time of silence for personal confession)
- ASSURANCE OF PARDON – Rev. Joel Weible and congregation
- Every valley is lifted up; every mountain, made low.
- Now the glory of the Lord is revealed, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
In the name of Jesus Christ, we are forgiven!
- Thanks be to God.
- CONGREGATIONAL RESPONSE, HYMN #1: “Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus” – STUTTGART
- PASSING OF THE PEACE
- The peace of Christ be with you.
- And also with you.
- TIME WITH THE YOUNGER DISCIPLES – Ashia Stoess, Student Minister
- MUSICAL OFFERING – The Chancel Choir: “The Bethlehem Carol” – Beth Rice Luttrell & Benjamin Harlan
- SCRIPTURE LESSON John 1:1-18
- The Word of the Lord.
- Thanks be to God.
- SERMON: “JESUS: THE WORD” – Shawn Harmon, Student Minister
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 127117 sermon sh
- PROCLAMATION HYMN #309: “Of the Father’s Love Begotten” – DIVINIUM MYSTERIUM
- AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – Rev. Joel Weible and congregation
- In a broken and fearful world, God’s Spirit gives us courage to pray without ceasing, to witness among all peoples to Christ as Lord and Savior, to unmask idolatries in church and culture, to hear the voices of peoples long silenced, and to work with others for justice, freedom and peace.
- In gratitude to God and empowered by the Spirit, we strive to serve Christ in our daily tasks and to live holy and faithful lives, even as we watch for God’s new heaven and earth, saying: “Come Lord Jesus!”
- TIME OF GIVING THANKS
- PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE AND THE LORD’S PRAYER
- OFFERTORY: “Gesù Bambino” – arranged by Rick Walters; James Bates, Trumpet
- DOXOLOGY #592: “Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow”
- PRAYER OF DEDICATION (unison)
- We give you thanks and praise, O God, that you have built us up in faith and bound us together in love. By your grace, may all that we do show the glory of your name and serve the good of your people, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
- CLOSING HYMN NO. 17: “‘Sleepers, Wake!’ A Voice Astounds Us” WACHET AUF
- CHARGE AND BENEDICTION – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- THE RINGING OF THE BELL
- POSTLUDE: “Sing We Now of Christmas” – arranged by Diane Bish