http://modernistudios.com/aris-bar-mitzvah-downtown-miami-temple-of-israel/ NINTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
- arguedas app conocer gente The Ringing of the Bell
- Source Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: “Shall We Gather at the River?” – arranged by David Paxton
PICNIC SETUP: TAKE 1! (While the picnic was moved indoors due to the weather, this is what it looked like at 8 a.m., before the decision to move it to the Family Life Center). Click for closer view…
- Call to Worship – Ron Warren and congregation
- Leader: The Spirit of God calls to us,
- People: With sighs too deep for words.
- Leader: The Spirit of God calls to us,
People: Claiming us,
- Leader: Summoning us to become more than we are now.
- People: Calling us by name: God’s Children
- ALL: LET US CLAIM THE SPIRIT OF OUR GOD!
- Hymn 327: “O Word of God Incarnate” – MUNICH
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Caring and compassionate Creator, we enter this place set apart for your worship, knowing that we have failed to see you in other places. We have ignored your beauty around us, in earth and sky, in plants and creatures, in the people who surround us. We have chosen to live more by our fears than by our faith, to be weighed down by what we do not have, rather than rejoicing in your gifts to us. In these moments together, draw us so close that we cannot help but know every day that you are with us, wherever we go. Enlarge our capacity to care, so we may see you in all we meet. Hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Ron Warren and congregation
- Leader: God loves us and frees us from all that we do to turn away from the transformative power of belief.
- People: God hears our cries and questions, and promises to remain in covenant with us.
- Leader: In the name of the Risen One, who came, who comes, and who is to come again, the heavy weight of our doubt is lifted.
- People: We are forgiven and may begin again to love as Christ loves.
- ALL: ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response 579: “Glory Be to the Father” – GLORIA PATRI
- Note: (Ooooops, the organist played the incorrect response)
- Time for Young Disciples – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Scripture: Luke 9:10-17
- Sermon: A NEW DIRECTION – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 080617 sermon jw
- Hymn 210: “Our God, Our Help in Ages Past” – ST. ANNE (stanzas 1-4 only)
- Affirmation of Faith – The Apostles’ Creed – Ron Warren and congregation
- I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
- And in Jesus Christ his only son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: “Bound for My Father’s Home” – arranged by D.L. Moore
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- One and Eternal God of time and space, we respond to you with joy as we lift up our tithes and offerings. The opportunity to share is a blessing for which we are very thankful. Your generous provision for our needs prompts us to be generous in return. Accomplish your purposes, we pray, through these gifts and in our lives. Amen.
- SACRAMENT OF COMMUNION
- Communion Setting #1: “Beneath the Cross of Jesus” – arranged by Dale Wood
- Communion Setting #2: “EVENTIDE” – arranged by Charles Callahan
- Hymn 507: “I Come with Joy” – DOVE OF PEACE (stanzas 1, 3, and 5 only)
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Joyful Rondeau” – arranged by R. Lau, originally written by Ludwig van Beethoven and Jean-Joseph Mouret