navigate to this web-site ELEVENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
The many smiling faces at PVPC…click for a closer view
buy gabapentin overnight PART 1
- regarde ça The Ringing of the Bell
- fiestas para solteros breña baja Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: “Come, Holy Ghost, God and Lord” – arranged by Franklin D. Ashdown
- Call to Worship – Stephanie Willis and congregation
- Leader: In faith, our ancestors set out for a new land, seeking relationship with a new God.
- People: In faith, we seek to follow God in our lives.
- Leader: In faith, the church seeks to discern the future to which God calls us in our age.
- People: In faith, we gather now to worship, seeking new life in Christ.
- ALL: GOD OF PRESENT, PAST, AND FUTURE, GUIDE US NOW TO YOUR NEW AGE OF PROMISE
- Hymn 399: “We Walk by Faith and Not by Sight” – DUNLAP’S CREEK
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- God of Adam and Eve, of Cain and Abel, of Abraham and Sarah, God of all our mothers and fathers, and God of our children and grandchildren: We give thanks that you are a God who acts in history and yet we confess that we are too often busy with our own lives to perceive you at work in our time, right here and right now. We fall into fear and despair about our troubled world, as if you had no care for us. Forgive our lack of faith and help us to join you as you labor to bring new life on earth. In the name of Christ, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Stephanie Willis and congregation
- Leader: God loves us and frees us from all that we do to turn away from the transformative power of belief.
- People: God hears our cries and questions, and promises to remain in covenant with us.
- Leader: In the name of the Risen One, who came, who comes, and who is to come again, the heavy weight of our doubt is lifted.
- People: We are forgiven and may begin again to love as Christ loves.
- ALL: ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response 579: “Glory Be to the Father” – GLORIA PATRI
- Time for Young Disciples – Christiaan Faul
- Anthem: The Summer Choir – Chariot’s Comin’ – arranged by Besig & Price
- Scripture: 1 John 4:20-21
- Sermon: LOVE IS AN ACT OF COURAGE – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 082017 sermon jw
- Hymn 289: “O God of Every Nation” – LLANGLOFFAN
- Affirmation of Faith: “The Apostles’ Creed” – Stephanie Willis and congregation
- I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
- And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: “As the Deer” – arranged by Douglas Wagner
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- One and Eternal God of time and space, we respond to you with joy as we lift up our tithes and offerings. The opportunity to share is a blessing for which we are very thankful. Your generous provision for our needs prompts us to be generous in return. Accomplish your purposes, we pray, through these gifts and in our lives. Amen.
- Hymn 438: “Blest Be the Tie That Binds” – DENNIS
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “The Church’s One Foundation” – arranged by David Cherwien