The purpose of the Personnel commitee is to provide administrative support to the Pastor, supervise the Administrative Associate, provide the Session with an organized process for relating to staff members, to see that persons employed by Pewee Valley Presbyterian Church are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
http://thesuigenerisfoundationberkeley.org/ttps:/youtube.com/embed/gxXB_be4WSc Employment General Considerations:
- Applicants for emplyment in church positions are to be interviewed by the committee and the pastor
- Employment must be approved by the Session on recommendation of the committee, the pastor and any nominating committee so formed by the Session
- A job description is necessary for clarifying the role and duties of each staff member
- A job description needs to be reviewed annually and revised to reflect changes in job duties, added responsibilities and the needs of the staff and the congregation
- Records for each employee shall be kept by the committee