Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: “Brethren, We Have Met to Worship” – arranged by Don Hustad
- Call to Worship – Ashia Stoess (Student Minister) and congregation
- Leader: From childhood we have known the sacred writings that instruct us in salvation.
- People: We gather to proclaim our message.
- Leader: Everyone who belongs to God may be equipped for every good work.
- People: We gather to encourage one another with utmost patience.
- ALL: IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD AND CHRIST JESUS, LET US WORSHIP TOGETHER!
- Hymn 488: “The God of Abraham Praise” – LEONI
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- We thank you, O God, for inviting us to live in covenant with you and one another, and for remaining faithful to your promise. Yet, like people of all ages, we find it difficult to be faithful to you. We despise those who remind us of your call. We grieve you by our rebellion against your word and our slowness to be your partners. We are not worthy, God, but we pray, do not give up on us. May we share with you at your table of joy and welcome all your friends as our friends; through Jesus Christ, your word of love, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Ashia Stoess (Student Minister) and congregation
- Leader: With God, there is no chasm that cannot be bridged, no loss that cannot be recovered, no mistake that cannot be forgiven, and no life that cannot be redeemed.
- People: By the grace of God in Christ Jesus, our sins are forgiven and the ability to begin again is ours.
- Leader: Glory be to God who makes all things new!
- People: Amen.
- Response 322: “Spirit of the Living God” – LIVING GOD
- Passing of the Peace
- Time for Young Disciples – Katie Weible
- Anthem: “Trinitarian Blessings” – Alice Parker
- Scripture: Exodus 19:1-8
- Sermon: WE WILL DO – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 101517 sermon jw
- Hymn 411: “Arise, Your Light Is Come!” – FESTAL SONG
- Affirmation of Faith for Stewardship Season
- We believe in God, Creator of the Universe, Giver of every good gift, Author of Life itself.
- We believe in Jesus Christ who reminded us that God’s Kingdom is already among us and commanded us to care for those in need. Who taught us not to store up treasures on earth, but to empty ourselves in self-giving love.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who inspires us to the faithful stewardship of God’s gifts and in whom we live and move and have our being.
- We believe that stewardship is an act of worship and a means of praising God who has blessed us so abundantly. God has great things in store for us, for it is in giving that we receive. Amen
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and The Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: “Prelude in C” – J.S. Bach
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- Loving God, we dedicate this morning’s offering in prayer. The coins and paper are our work, expressing in a clear and visible way our love and thanks. But we also offer the fragile dreams and hopes that we have for this church and its future. Receive all, we pray, for it is offered in love. Amen
- Hymn 538: “Lord, Dismiss Us with Thy Blessing” – SICILIAN MARINERS
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Intrada” – George Blake