CHRIST THE KING/REIGN OF CHIRST SUNDAY
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: “Trio on CORONATION” – arranged by David Lasky
- Call to Worship – Shawn Harmon (Student Minister) and congregation
- Leader: The lord God is our shepherd.
- People: We are the people of God’s pasture, the sheep of God’s hand.
- Leader: God seeks the lost, feeds the hungry, and strengthens the weak.
- People: With thanksgiving we gather to give our hearts to God’s work in the world.
- ALL: LET US WORSHIP TOGETHER!
- Hymn 150: “Come, Christians, Join to Sing” – MADRID
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Gracious and giving God, we confess that we are not ready for your holy realm. You guide us toward right paths, but we refuse to follow where you lead. You love and feed and care for us, but we fail to love and serve others. Forgive us, merciful God, so that we may return to your fold and rejoice in your presence. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayers …
- Assurance of Pardon – Shawn Harmon (Student Minister) and congregation
- Leader: With God, there is no chasm that cannot be bridged, no loss that cannot be recovered, no mistake that cannot be forgiven, and no life that cannot be redeemed.
- People: By the grace of God in Christ Jesus, our sins are forgiven and the ability to begin again is ours.
- Leader: Glory be to God who makes all things new!
- People: Amen.
- Response 579: “Glory Be to the Father” – GLORIA PATRI
- Passing of the Peace
- Time for Young Disciples – Christiaan Faul, Youth Director
- Anthem: “Rejoice, the Lord is King!” – John Darwall
- The Chancel Choir
- Scripture: Matthew 22:34-40
- Sermon: JESUS IS LORD: LISTEN TO HIM – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 112617 SERMON jw
- Hymn 423: “Jesus Shall Reign Where’er the Sun” – DUKE STREET
- Affirmation of Faith: “The Apostles’ Creed” – Shawn Harmon and congregation
- I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
- And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: “Lead On, O King Eternal” – arranged by Joshua Evanovich
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- Holy One, whose heart abounds with gifts, receive this offering as a sign of our intention to live surrounded by your mercy, inspired by your Spirit, open to the joy of your presence, and generous toward your world. In Christ’s name, Amen.
- Hymn 145: “Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart!” – MARION
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Fugue in E-flat ‘St. Anne'” – J.S. Bach