- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Christiaan Faul
- Prelude: “In Memory” – arranged by Victor Labenske
- Call to Worship – Dan Kinnicutt
- Leader: We gather to worship the eternal God.
- People: The Source of Love and Life who creates us.
- Leader: We gather to remember Jesus Christ.
- People: The Risen One who lives within us.
- Leader: We gather to experience the Holy Spirit
- People: The Holy Fire that renews us.
- ALL: HOLY, HOLY, HOLY! BLESSED TRINITY.
- Hymn 138: “Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty!” – NICAEA
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- O Holy God, we acknowledge to you, to ourselves, and to one another that we are not what you have called us to be. We have not stood by our faith, shared our hope, or reached out with love. We have done unkind and shameful deeds; and we have left undone, deeds which could have made a difference in the lives of those around us. We have failed to speak and act for peace and justice in the world. Have mercy upon our repentance, forgive our sin, and change our lives. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon
- Leader: There is no greater joy in the heart of God than the moment that a son or daughter opens to the gift of forgiveness.
- People: God’s Spirit reaches out to assure us of welcome in Christ.
- Leader: In the name of Jesus Christ we are God’s by grace, forgiven and redeemed.
- People: With great joy we are made alive. Alleluia!
- ALL: AMEN.
- Response 322: “Spirit of the Living God” – LIVING GOD
- Passing of the Peace
- Young Disciples – Connie Vice
- Anthem: “Eternal Father, Strong to Save” – JOHN DYKES
- Scripture: Mark 4:35-41
- Sermon: THE FISHERMEN IN THE STORM – Christiaan Faul
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 052718 SERMON cf
- Hymn 399: “We Walk by Faith and Not by Sight” – DUNLAP’S CREEK
- Affirmation of Faith – from A BRIEF STATEMENT OF FAITH
- In a broken and fearful world, the Spirit gives us courage to pray without ceasing, to witness among all peoples to Christ as Lord and Savior, to unmask idolatries in Church and culture, to hear voices of peoples long silenced, and to work with others for justice, freedom, and peace. In gratitude to God, empowered by the Spirit, we strive to serve Christ in our daily tasks and to live holy and joyful lives. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Christiaan Faul
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Call to Offering and Offering
- Offertory: “Hymn to the Fallen” – JOHN WILLIAMS
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- Generous God, you are our portion and our cup. In you our hearts are glad, our souls rejoice, and our bodies rest. Bless and multiply our offerings this morning that they may bring the joy of your presence more deeply into the world. Amen.
- Hymn 561: “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee” – AMERICA
- Charge and Benediction – Christiaan Faul
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Fugue a la Gigue” – J.S. BACH