SEVENTH SUNDAY OF EASTER
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Pastor Joel Weible
- Prelude: “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” – J.S. Bach
- Call to Worship – Christiaan Faul
- Leader: We gather this morning to praise you, Eternal God.
- People: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world …
- Leader: From everlasting to everlasting …
- People: … You are God
- Leader: Let the favor of the Lord be upon us,
- People: And prosper the work of our hands.
- ALL: LET US WORSIP THE LORD TOGETHER.
- Hymn 265: “Great God, We Sing That Mighty Hand” – WAREHAM
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Gracious God, whose very name is Love, we mean to do well, but our intentions are soon discarded. We try to be faithful, but we are diverted by so many things. We do not wish to harm anyone but, for lack of consideration, we sometimes hurt those we love the most. We sympathize for those who suffer, more often than we act with them. We refuse to accept the help of others because we are unwilling to admit our own needs. Forgive us when we fall short of anything but Jesus’ call to full life and wasteful love. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Christiaan Faul
- Leader: God loves us and frees us from all that we do to turn away from the transformative power of belief.
- People: God hears our cries and questions, and promises to remain in covenant with us.
- Leader: In the name of the Risen One, who came, who comes, and who is to come again, the heavy weight of our doubt is lifted.
- People: We are forgiven and may begin again to love as Christ loves.
- ALL: ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response, Hymn 106: “Alleluia, Alleluia! Give Thanks” – ALLELUIA NO. 1
- Passing of the Peace
- Anthem: “Jerusalem, My Happy Home” – The Chancel Choir – arranged by David Cherwien
- Scripture: Acts 16:9-15
- Sermon: FINAL DESTINATION – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own device: 051318 SERMON jw
- Hymn 343: “Called as Partners in Christ’s Service” – BEECHER
- Affirmation of Faith – from A BRIEF STATEMENT OF FAITH
- In life and death we belong to God. Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, we trust in one triune God, the Holy One of Israel, whom alone we worship and serve. With believers in every time and place, we rejoice that nothing in life or death can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: “How Lovely Is Thy Dwelling Place” – Johannes Brahms
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- Holy God, we give you thanks and praise for light and life and love. Above all, we give thanks for the presence of the living Lord among us. By your Spirit that breathes within us, strengthen our faith, use our gifts, and work in our lives to bear witness to the resurrection that is possible every day of our lives. Amen.
- Hymn 435: “We All Are One in Mission” – ES FLOG EIN KLEINS WALDVOGELEIN
- Charge and Benediction – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Toccata on ‘Hymn to Joy!'” – Ludwig van Beethoven, arranged by Douglas E. Wagner