- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayer with Montreat Group and Send-off
- Prelude: “Grand Choeur for Trinity Sunday” – George Blake (1912 – 1986)
- Call to Worship – Kathy Bott and congregation
- Leader: The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ …
- People: The love of God …
- Leader: And the communion of the Holy Spirit …
- People: Is with us all!
- ALL: LET US WORSHIP TOGETHER!
- Hymn 138: “Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty!” – NICAEA
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- O God, gladly we live and move and have our being in you. Yet always in the midst of this creation-glory, we see sin’s shadow and feel death’s darkness: around us in the earth, sea and sky, the abuse of matter; beside us in the broken, the hungry and the poor, and the betrayal of one another; and often deep within us, a striving against your Spirit. O author of Love, forgive us that we may forgive one another, heal us that we may be people of healing, and renew us that we also may be makers of peace. In Christ’s name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Kathy Bott and congregation
- Leader: There is no greater joy in the heart of God than the moment that a son or daughter opens to the gift of forgiveness.
- People: God’s Spirit reaches out to assure us of welcome in Christ.
- Leader: In the name of Jesus Christ we are God’s by grace, forgiven and redeemed.
- People: With great joy we are made alive. Alleluia!
- ALL: AMEN.
- Response 322: “Spirit of the Living God” – LIVING GOD
- Time for Young Disciples – Katie Weible
- Anthem: “Somebody’s Knocking at Your Door” – Linda Spevacek
- Scripture: Acts 2:42-47
- Sermon: LIFE AFTER JESUS – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download audio to play on your own device: 061117 sermon jw
- Hymn 358: “Help Us Accept Each Other” – BARONITA
- Affirmation of Faith – Kathy Bott and congregation
- We believe that God hopes and works for a world where all shall be included in the feast of life and that in Christ we see how costly it is to bring that world about. We believe that God of all the earth is at work beyond the churches as well as within them, working for justice, so that all may have a say in what happens to them. We long for the time when all who hunger and thirst for justice shall be satisfied and we believe that despite the persistence of evil, now is always the time when more good can be done and we can make a difference. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: “We All Believe in One God” (“Wir glauben all einen Gott” – BWV 1098) – J.S. Bach (1685 – 1750)
- Doxology 592: “Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- O God, we celebrate your Spirit so freely given and so powerfully active within our church. As that Spirit moves in our midst, may it inspire us toward generosity and fire us with energy to serve you well. Receive our humble gifts in the name of Christ, whose presence is certain when the Spirit is with us. Amen.
- Hymn 433: “There’s a Spirit in the Air” – LAUDS
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Benediction Response: “Three-fold Amen” – DANISH
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Fantasy on NICAEA” – Rick Seaton