SECOND SUNDAY AFTER EPIPHANY
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: Variation on BEECHER – D. Wood
- Call to Worship – Ashia Stoess and congregation
- Leader: From God comes our salvation.
- People: For God alone our souls wait in silence.
- Leader: God alone is our rock and our salvation.
- People: God is my fortress; we shall never be shaken.
- ALL: LET US SING TO THE GOD OF OUR SALVATION
- Hymn 420: God of Grace and God of Glory – CWM RHONDDA
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Trusting in your promise of grace, forgiving God, we pour out our hearts to you and before one another. You call, but we do not listen. You show us your path, but we prefer our own way. You show yourself in the poor, the hungry, and the lonely; but we look for you in the rich, the powerful, and the proud. You ask us to walk humbly, but we strut with pride. You ask us to live righteously, but we live selfishly. In this moment, however fleeting it may be, we repent of all the ways we turn from you. Forgive us, heal us, and lead us back to you, that we might show mercy to others. In Jesus’ name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Ashia Stoess and congregation
- Leader: Friends, speak the good news of our salvation.
- People: God freely bestows grace on us through Jesus Christ.
- Leader: In Christ we receive redemption and forgiveness.
- People: We are reconciled to God and one another.
- ALL: GLORY BE TO GOD. ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response 411: Arise, Your Light Is Come! – FESTAL SONG
- Passing of the Peace
Where’s the sidewalk? Property Team Member Jay Poole arrives with a shovel to clear the walkways before the service.
- Scripture: Isaiah 62:1-5
- Sermon: THE LORD DELIGHTS IN YOU – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own device: 012019 SERMON jw
- Hymn 243: We Thank You, Lord, for You Are Good – WAS GOTT TUT
- Affirmation of Faith (unison) – from the IONA COMMUNITY
- With the whole church … We affirm that we are made in God’s image, befriended by Christ, and empowered by the Spirit.
- With people everywhere … We affirm God’s goodness at the heart of humanity, planted more deeply than all that is wrong.
- With all creation … We affirm and celebrate the miracle and wonder of life and the unfolding purposes of God, forever at work in ourselves and the world. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: Eventide – C.H. Parry
- Doxology 592: Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- We thank you, God of love, for the promise that is ours to keep because of Jesus of Nazareth. We are grateful for the generosity aroused in us by Christ’s coming into the world. May these gifts represent a new spirit of joyous sharing among us, for the sake of all your children everywhere. Amen.
- Hymn 434: Today We All Are Called to Be Disciples – KINGSFOLD
- Charge and Benediction
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: A Little Serenade – W.A. Mozart