BAPTISM OF THE LORD SUNDAY
Elders installed during service included Stephanie Willis, Mike Yelton (not shown), Lynne Anderson, Emma MacNiven, and Lynn Wilkinson (not present)
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: When Jesus to the Jordan Came – Dietrich Buxtehude
- Call to Worship
- Leader: The one who calls us together this morning desires that all people be blessed.
- People: Speak, Lord, for your servants are listening.
- Leader: Blessed are we when we bring trustworthy words for the healing of the world.
- People: Let us speak, for the world is listening.
- ALL: LET US WORSHIP GOD AND SING OUR SONG!
- Hymn 339: Be Thou My Vision – SLANE
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Holy God, you see into each of us and know us fully as creatures in need of your constant care. We confess that we have neither heard your word nor followed your will in the ways that we should. We have failed our nation, neighbors, families, friends, and ourselves. Give us ears to hear your wisdom. Lead us to honesty and faith so that we may begin again with renewed strength. In Jesus’ name, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon
- Leader: Friends, speak the good news of our salvation.
- People: God freely bestows grace on us through Jesus Christ.
- Leader: In Christ we receive redemption and forgiveness.
- People: We are reconciled to God and one another.
- ALL: GLORY BE TO GOD. ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response 411: Arise, Your Light Is Come! – FESTAL SONG
- Passing of the Peace
- Time for Young Disciples
A behind-the-scenes view of the choir (L-R: Don Whitehouse, Matt Gardiner, James Bates, Sandy McCarson, Paul Culbertson, and Margaret Hill).
- Anthem: Saints Bound for Heaven – Alice Parker/Robert Shaw
- Scripture: Isaiah 43:1-7
- Sermon: AND I LOVE YOU – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- INSTALLATION OF NEW ELDERS: Class of 2021
- Affirmation of Faith: The Apostles’ Creed
- I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
- And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.
- Hymn 525: Here I Am, Lord – HERE I AM, LORD
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: Shall We Gather at the River? – Robert Hobby
- Doxology 592: Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- We thank you, God of love, for the promise that is ours to keep because of Jesus of Nazareth. We are grateful for the generosity aroused in us by Christ’s coming into the world. May these gifts represent a new spirit of joyous sharing among us, for the sake of all your children everywhere. Amen.
- Hymn 426: Lord, Speak to Me, That I May Speak – CANONBURY
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: Toccata from Suite Gothique – Leon Boellmann