TENTH SUNDAY OF PENTECOST
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prelude: “O Holy Spirit, Enter In” – E. HOVLAND
- Call to Worship – Christiaan Faul and congregation
- Leader: Let us rejoice for morning has dawned.
- People: A new day has been born, as we are newly alive to enjoy it.
- Leader: We gather in our sanctuary to worship God and pledge ourselves to God’s work in the world.
- People: May God continue to bless us that what we do in this time together may be honest, sacred, and filled with hope.
- ALL: LET US SING TOGETHER!
- Hymn 476: “O Worship the King, All Glorious Above!” – LYONS (stanzas 1-4 only)
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Gracious God, as we open our hearts we confess our sins – against you, against our neighbor, against even ourselves. For the wrongs of our minds, our hearts, our hands, our spirits – forgive us. For our silence and lack of compassion – forgive us. For our self-love and self-hatred – forgive us. For our anger and our fear – forgive us. For our part, known and unknown, in the suffering of your creation – forgive us. For our failures in justice and peace and all the times we do not walk the way of love – forgive us. In the name of Jesus Christ who goes before us, so that we can know the Way, hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon – Christiaan Faul and congregation
- Leader: God loves us and frees us from all that we do to turn away from the transformative power of belief.
- People: God hears our cries and questions, and promises to remain in covenant with us.
- Leader: In the name of the Risen One, who came, who comes, and who is to come again, the heavy weight of our doubt is lifted.
- People: We are forgiven and may begin again to love as Christ loves.
- ALL: ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response 579: “Glory Be to the Father” – GLORIA PATRI
- Time for Young Disciples – Rev. Weible
- Scripture: Exodus 25:1-9
- Sermon: SHARING THE JOURNEY – Reverend Joel Weible, Pastor
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 081317 SERMON jw
- Hymn 281: “Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah” – CWM RHONDDA
- Affirmation of Faith: The Apostles’ Creed – Christiaan Faul and congregation
- I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
- And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: “In Christ Alone” – LLOYD LARSON
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- One and Eternal God of time and space, we respond to you with joy as we lift up our tithes and offerings. The opportunity to share is a blessing for which we are very thankful. Your generous provision for our needs prompts us to be generous in return. Accomplish your purposes, we pray, through these gifts and in our lives. Amen.
- Hymn 376: “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling” – HYFRYDOL
- Charge and Benediction – Rev. Joel Weible, Pastor
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Trumpet Voluntary” – JEREMIAH CLARKE