FOURTH SUNDAY OF EASTER
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Words of Welcome – Pastor Joel Weible
- Prelude: “Impromptu for a Joyful Day” – Daniel Cook
- Call to Worship – Student Minister Shawn Harmon and congregation
- Leader: God is good …
- People: … All the time.
- Leader: All the time …
- People: … God is good.
- ALL: LET US WORSHIP GOD TOGETHER!
- Hymn 455: “All Creatures of Our God and King” – LASST UNS ERFREUEN
- Call to Confession and Prayer (unison)
- Lord and loving God, have mercy on us. We talk about love but our actions betray us. We talk about love, but we neglect the poor. We talk about love, but we fail to love one another. Forgive us, and abide in us by the power of your Spirit so that our lives may show our love for Christ, in whose body we live and in whose name we pray. Hear our silent prayers of return …
- Assurance of Pardon
- Leader: God loves us and frees us from all that we do to turn away from the transformative power of belief.
- People: God hears our cries and questions, and promises to remain in covenant with us.
- Leader: In the name of the Risen One, who came, who comes, and who is to come again, the heavy weight of our doubt is lifted.
- People: We are forgiven and may begin again to love as Christ loves.
- ALL: ALLELUIA! AMEN.
- Response, Hymn 106: “Alleluia, Alleluia! Give Thanks” – ALLELUIA NO. 1
- Passing of the Peace
- Time for Young Disciples – Shawn Harmon
- Anthem: “God is Seen” – ALICE PARKER
- Scripture: Acts 9:1-19
- Sermon: CONVERTED ASSUMPTIONS –Student Minister Ashia Huelsenbeck Stoess
- Download the sermon to play on your own audio device: 042218 sermon as
- Hymn 425: “Lord of Light, Your Name Outshining” – ABBOT’S LEIGH
- Affirmation of Faith – from A BRIEF STATEMENT OF FAITH
- In life and death we belong to God.
- Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, we trust in one triune God, the Holy One of Israel, whom alone we worship and serve.
- With believers in every time and place, we rejoice that nothing in life or death can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.
- Time of Giving Thanks
- Prayers of the People and the Lord’s Prayer
- Offertory: “Adagio (from the Enigma Variations)” – Edward Elgar
- Doxology 592: “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow”
- Prayer of Dedication (unison)
- Holy God, we give you thanks and praise for light and life and love. Above all, we give thanks for the presence of the living Lord among us. By your Spirit that breathes within us, strengthen our faith, use our gifts, and work in our lives to bear witness to the resurrection that is possible every day of our lives. Amen.
- Hymn 460: “Holy God, We Praise Your Name” – GROSSER GOTT, WIR LOBEN DICH
- Charge and Benediction
- The Ringing of the Bell
- Postlude: “Good Christians Friends Rejoice and Sing” – arranged by Paul Manz